Good Morning, Beautiful




I even heard birds chirping as I awoke at 8a Sunday morning.  Like every morning, I set water to boil, fed my angry and attractive beta and filled a spray bottle for my orchids and tenacious little potted rose bush, which always receives the last of the mist and then gets dumped on (thirsty little guy).  Much to my surprise, the green buds from the night before had produced two elegant blossoms of a vibrant yellow color I had forgotten.  Knowing that roses are typically anti-pot and prefer to deeply root in the ground, I was doing mental flips.  I busily set to my photo set up wearing a smile.  Three hours into preparation my model arrived beaming with a sparkling attitude.  A well-traveled woman with perceptible humility and kindness, she gracefully transitioned into character during makeup and hair.  Interesting and eager, she offered patience for an intensive pinning of juice cans for makeshift hair rollers, and we made it through almost 2 hours of transformation.  Shoot time that day meant total equipment failure.  Utter optimism and a plan B could never have carried our shoot to fruition without her generosity and flexibility.  She drove me to exchange rental lights in full costume, helped me move the couch that had been totally blocking the entrance to my flat and gave her Mother's Day dinner time to achieve the shot.  She was one of the most beautiful people to work with inside and out.   Like the blossoms to which I woke, she was the most colorful and lovely surprise I could have hoped to have.  Many thanks go to Shelina and the people who provide me fodder for faith in fellows.  FFFFF-antastic.