Beaker is the Awkward Muppet

In my constant undercurrent of admiration for Jim Henson and his parallel and metaphoric magic, I must follow up my contemplation of awkwardness by celebrating Beaker, my end-all, be-all of The Muppet Show characters.  This bewitching orange entertainer in a lab coat is anything but a dandy and embraces all of the bumbling that lab or life's experiments could endearingly encourage.  I would like to believe that my appreciation for the tender survival of unexpected outcomes was what Mr. Henson had in mind with this mostly wordless character.  While his role as guinea pig may not afford much time for analysis and opinion formulation, he is never lacking in new experiences.  Perhaps his meeps would render more protest, but instead his communications yield constant albeit timid interaction with the possibilities.  Never sure how to proceed and ever propelled by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker's awkward fortitude never lets us down; his trepidation palpable, he always shows up ready for the next test.