If You Build It, It Will Come...








... To your mind, hopefully. The imaginative American artist Tony Duquette certainly found in way of seeing a precious world to build the amazing founded on beauty, not luxury. He holds the honor of the first solo American artist to be housed at the Louvre, and since that time in 1951 has used found objects to dazzle the eye and invite the mind to play and build on his worlds. In my own pursuit of set building and scene creating photographic capture, I find his way of marrying artifacts into the unique space of stunning dreams to be most inspiring. May I have the good fortune and prop closet space to house my own growing collection of just such found objects of desire from attractive discards to natural wonders.
Enamored of all his work, I am especially stunned by his holiday windows. There was nothing everyday about these dream boxes. Now, where to find and how to build with red coral, antlers, anxious monkey statues...